Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Starting "The List"

Today, I started and ended my day with making The List:  Everyone I could think of to interview, from those I have direct contact with to those I will endeavor to gain access to via their representation (wish me luck!).

I began by flipping through the contacts in my Palm Treo (wondering if I just might be one of a dozen people in this country who doesn’t have a Blackberry or isn’t an iPhone convert) and realized what a digital packrat I have become.  I don’t think I’ve ever deleted anything.  I’ve somehow amassed nearly 1,000 contacts.  I don’t even have close to that many facebook “friends.”  Among them, I have a phone number marked “home” for Sam Rockwell (don’t worry, Mr. Rockwell, if you’re reading, it will not be used, nor will I publish) and an email address for Bette Midler – which I assumed was for her assistant, and yes I did try (if you are wondering), but alas, did not work (as I presumed).

I had to take a respite from list-making late afternoon through the evening for obligatory errands (I don’t recall having so much “life stuff” to attend to as an undergrad) and my investigative reporting class.  There we received another assignment: two weeks to compose a story about a court case.  [Note to self:  add “go to court” to “to do” list].

Back home at 10pm, I wrapped up The List for the day and set my alarm for an early wake-up to begin the phone calls.

Day three:  The Phone Calls

No comments:

Post a Comment